Monday, May 21, 2012

Psalm's first cookie

Psalm's 4th month (02 May, 2012) came with a huge achievement. He ate his first cookie! Yey!

Here in the Philippines, we have this Marie biscuit that babies can munch on as early as their fourth month. I, if I was there, would not permit Psalm to eat (or even taste) this cookie as I think he'll develop his sweet tooth too early for him to like foods that are not as appetizing. I would wish for him to eat non-sweet foods first so he'll not become a picky eater in the end.
Oh well, that's just a wish for now. My mom gave Psalm his first bite/s of Marie as a gift when he turned four months. I told my sister Khrys how I would like Psalm to skip this Marie episode, she just said, "hmmm, just tell if you'll feel the same when you see how cute he is trying to finish a biscuit the fastest he can..."

And right she is.... who can resist and not give this cutie one biscuit or maybe two. :D


I am a self-confessed Marie addict! Mom said when I was little I, too, can finish lots of the then 2pc Marie biscuit (it's currently 6pc). Up till now, Mom still buys me a pack of it. There's a lot of Marie biscuits in the market but she buys the one made by Island Biscuit, which, according to hubby, is the original maker. It's the one that melts in your mouth with a distinct sweet taste. No wonder babies love it. And like mother, like son, it's no wonder Psalm loves it. Richard echoed too that we must be strict on giving Psalm certain foods but oh well, "Kakaawa eh, gusto niya ng Marie, bigyan mo na..." and so Psalm won, being the silent cookie monster he's becoming, munching not only one but six cookies at one time.

I ok'ed mom to give Psalm this treat but only for like once a week max. Richard and I immediately looked for other alternate treats to give Psalm. From forums and other mommy blogs, we were able to find baby food cheaper than Gerber and we're so happy he loves it. Can't give Psalm anything with Soy coz he has G6PD so Cerelac was exed out from my list. Will blog about my baby's first organic, jarred food next.

No comments:

Post a Comment