Thursday, January 24, 2013

Psalm's First Birthday

I'm back! And so are my stories, my life, my baby Psalm (who happens to be not a baby anymore) and a whole lotta more!

I've got so much to share, pardon me if it'll take a number of posts to keep everything to date. After all, it was a busy 2012 and I can't relax enough to think about what 2013 has in store for everyone.

2013 started with us celebrating my 'lil boy's turning one. Party was on his actual birth date - 2nd of January. We've put in so much effort since we DIYed everything but all were happy on how the party turned out. Oh well all but not-so as much as the celebrant. You see, Psalm was sick the whole time of his party. :( He never smiled, would not want to touch anything, was extra clingy to my Aunt (his Mama Aleen) and would like to just sleep. Add a grungy stomach and lose bowel to that, you'll not want to really move and be social around. It's too bad that right after the party we went to the hospital to have him checked. He needed to be tested for any bacteria or whatsoever. Good thing by God's grace it was nothing serious. Let's get back to the party news. :)

The gists of the party


So we did a little carnival-themed celebration for our boy. It was one thing that we throw a big party with venue outdoors, full catering setup and bright balloons since it's his first birthday but that would mean having adults for guests. Psalm has only three little kids as cousins. On my mom's side, he is the second eldest grandchild. On Richard's side, Psalm is the youngest grandson, with just one cousin who's around 4 yrs old with all others in their teens. Psalm, being at my mom's place, has befriended a lots of the kids in the neighborhood. Everytime we go out for his morning walk, he'll be called by kids I haven't met. Richard, being so close to kids raised the idea to just celebrate my boy's birthday with the kids. While Psalm won't really remember how his first birthday went, these kids would surely remember how happy they were with the overflow of gifts, loot bags and food! And that's when we came up with the carnival idea.

Thanks to Pinterest and social media, this theme initially showed lots of potential for fun! And indeed, everyone raved how different it was compared to formal birthdays. All kids were able to play, all kids joined in the fun (oh not the infants though). :) Let me share some of the pictures -


Psalm's invitation





We have 10 Game Booths.
Super thanks to Psalm's yound uncles and aunts who eagerly manned the booths!
 
 
Duck fishing - one of the game booths
 


Psalm was sick so his cousin, Ahya Kashi, blew his candle for him.


Tic-Tac-Toe



We had after-party face paint outside. This is DIY still. :)


Did I say he's sick? He doesn't seem sick at all the next day!
 
Cutie Psalm! :D



 







No comments:

Post a Comment